The university photographer's primary responsibility is to provide images for the Public Relations Office and its marketing materials, including websites and print publications. First priority is given to major events, including events hosted by the president, commencement and convocations, overall university celebrations, awards ceremonies, notable guests and alumni events.
The guidelines for photo requests are listed in priority order, with Level 1 having the highest priority. Note that listings within each level are in no particular order:
Level 1 - photographed by APSU staff
- Admissions and recruitment photography
- Assignments from the OPRM
- Local, regional or national news stories and major web page stories for media release
- High-profile Alumni events
- High-profile Advancement events
- Austin Peay alumni magazine assignments
- Major recurring events (commencement, convocation, Homecoming, etc.)
- One-time historic events and speakers
- Groundbreakings, dedications, major campaign events
- High-profile speakers (visiting dignitaries, commencement keynote)
- Stock (unassigned) photos of student and university life, campus environment, and other lifestyle and scenic shots
- Assignments from the Office of the President
- Faculty and staff portraits and headshots
- Regular First Monday open studio
- Top-tier web photos
- Slide shows for news, web page, admissions
Level 2 - photographed by students or freelancers, APSU staff available as a backup if needed
- Speakers (except Level 1)
- Conferences, symposiums and other events
- Administrative or academic departmental needs (speakers, events, portraits, classroom photos, etc.)
Level 3 - photographed by students or freelance photographers
- Student headshots for lookbooks, rosters, etc.
- Group photos (class, club, committee, etc.)
- Employee-centered events
The university photographer maintains a list of freelance photographers who have worked on campus. Student photographers can occasionally be assigned directly to cover your assignment.
Please contact us for freelance rates and contact information.