New & Noteworthy
Summer and Fall 2014
- Ashton Maltie, a PELP senior and computer science major, is completing a computer science REU at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
- Amany Elraheb, a PELP senior and business major, is completing an internship in Nashville this summer through INROADS.
- Kelsey Smith, a PELP student who graduated in May, has been accepted into the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga's Doctorate of Physical Therapy program. She will begin this program in the fall.
- Zac Gillman, brother of Tennessee Eta Chapter of Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity, was selected to participate in the Tragos Quest to Greece. This leadership experience is one of the highest honors for an undergraduate member of Sigma Phi Epsilon. Gillman is the first person from APSU to be selected for such an honor. He was also elected at the Student Government Association President at Austin Peay for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Clarissa Pulley and Mackenzie Butts, both PELP seniors, will spend the fall semester studying in Sweden.
- Hannah Evans (junior), Veronica Cordova (senior), and Mackenzie Butts (senior), served as counselors during Austin Peay's Leadership Camp for Girls in June.
- Jessi Dillingham, a PELP student who graduated in May, will attend Mississippi State University's Student Affairs program beginning this fall.
- Conor Scruton, a PELP senior, recently received the award for "9th Best Page Layout Designer in the South" from the annual Southeastern Journalism Conference.
- Isaac Wilbur, a PELP junior and physics major, is currently completing an REU at the University of Connecticut.
- Drew Wilson, a PELP senior and physics major, is currently completing an REU at Oregon State University.
- Jordan Taylor and Elizabeth Juelfs, both PELP juniors and physics majors, were recently awarded Presidential Research Scholarships for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Jerelyn Carmichael, a PELP junior and chemistry major, is a participant in this summer's Tennessee Pre-Health Science Fellowship Program at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis. This highly selective program is for residents of Tennessee who wish to pursue a career in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy or allied health.
- Desynee Horner, a PELP senior and pre-dentistry student, was recently selected as the 2014-2015 Rita Sanders Geier Scholarship recipient at Austin Peay.
- Megan Hart and Clarissa Pulley, both PELP seniors, are the recipients of Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships at Austin Peay.
- Lauren Maki, an accounting major and PELP junior, is completing a business internship in Ireland this summer.