Applications Are Now Being Accepted for the 2015-2016 Academic Year
Applications to the President's Emerging Leaders Program for first-year students entering Austin Peay in Fall 2015 are now being accepted. The PELP application deadline for Fall 2015 is Sunday, February 1, 2015.
Application to the President's Emerging Leaders Program (PELP) is very competitive. Applicants can only be admitted into the program for the fall semester of their first year at Austin Peay. Most applicants apply during their senior year in high school upon being accepted to the University, though one can apply beforehand. The minimum requirements for this program are a composite ACT score of 26 and a high school GPA of 3.5. Applicants must also be able to demonstrate a background in leadership and community service. Each year, there are approximately 200 applicants to PELP. Of these, up to 24 will be accepted into the President's Emerging Leaders Program.
Pointers for Completing Online PELP Application Form
- Prepare a personal résumé that clearly illustrates your academic, leadership, and service experiences in addition to any employment experiences you may have. You will be required to upload a copy of your résumé as a Microsoft Word or PDF file in the online application form.
- Prepare a one-page essay explaining your philosophy of leadership and how you have acted on this philosophy during your years in high school. You will be required to upload a copy of this essay as a Microsoft Word or PDF file in the online application form
- Jot down your ACT composite score and your cumulative, non-weighted high school grade point average (GPA).
- Gather the names, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of two individuals who are knowledgeable of your academic, leadership, and service accomplishments over the past four years. You will be required to enter this information as part of your application. Please note that these individuals should be teachers, administrators, community officials, etc. They should not be fellow students.
- Once you begin working on the online application, you must complete and submit it. You will not be allowed to save your application and return to it at a later date.
If you are ready to begin the application process, please click here.