DE Faculty Travel Stipend
To encourage the exploration of distance, online, blended or hybrid education and instructional strategies at APSU, travel stipends are available through Distance Education (DE).
Travel stipends up to $1,000 can be requested by faculty who attend or present research at national or international conferences related to innovative teaching practices and technologies. Please read the information below and fill out the webform application.
- Full-time or adjunct faculty at APSU are eligible to apply for the stipend.
Faculty must complete and submit the travel stipend application form with full details including:
- Contact and departmental information.
- Conference details.
- How the conference will affect your online/hybrid teaching and its impact on your students.
Terms of Stipend
- Application form must be submitted at least four weeks prior to scheduled trip.
- Travel stipend will not exceed $1,000.
- Each applicant may receive only one travel stipend per fiscal year*
- Travel stipend awardees will be asked to share their conference takeaways and lessons learned.
- If awarded a stipend, applicant must list the Director of Distance Education as an approver when submitting the online travel authorization and the claim for reimbursement
*Funds are limited and stipends will not be awarded once they are exhausted for the fiscal year.
Suggested Institutions Offering Conferences in Online Teaching & Learning
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- Association for Educational Communication & Technology (AECT)
- EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative (ELI)
- International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)
- Online Learning Consortium (OLC)
- Quality Matters (QM)
- WICHE Cooperative for Educational Technologies (WCET)
*Conferences are NOT limited to the organizations listed above.
IMPORTANT: Thank you for your interest in the Distance Education Faculty Travel Stipend. We are no longer accepting applications for this fiscal year, please check back next fiscal year.