Program Requirements RN to BSN
Registered Nurses enrolled in the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program (RN to BSN) complete online courses in an asynchronous format available 24 hours a day via eCourseware, the University’s web-based instructional program. RN to BSN clinical courses are arranged at sites close to the student’s home with appropriately credentialed preceptors. The sites must be approved by the course faculty and there must be a contract in place between the facility and the University.
The RN to BSN Program is designed for Registered Nurses who have an active, unencumbered license, or new graduates with an ADN who are eligible for licensure.
Requirements for the RN to BSN Program:
- Be admitted to Austin Peay State University as a degree seeking undergraduate student.
- Have a minimum college cumulative grade point average of 2.0.
- Have completed specified nursing prerequisites (listed below) with a minimum grade of “C” in all courses.
- Clear any high school deficiencies.
- Have an active, unencumbered RN license, or be eligible for licensure.
- Provide evidence of liability and health insurance. Evidence of physical and/or mental health may be required following admission or at any time during the program.
- Provide verification of a negative report of a two-step tuberculin skin test dated no more than two months prior to enrollment in nursing courses (a negative chest X-ray will be required in the context of a positive tuberculin skin test), proof of immunity to rubella, varicella, rubeola, and Hepatitis B series and a tetanus booster within the last 10 years.
- Provide verification of current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (CPS), comparable to the Health Care Provider Course of the American Heart Association.
- Comply with criminal background checks and drug screening as required for eligibility to access entrance into specific clinical agencies as related to clinical course objectives.
- Validation of current science knowledge: If sciences are older than seven (7) years, please provide a letter from current employer validating current employment.
- Complete and submit APSU_RNtoBSN_Application_final_version.pdffor admission to:
APSU School of Nursing, ATTN Gerri Gass
218 McCord Building
PO Box 4658
or email to: Gerri Gass, MSN, RN/Coordinator RN to BSN Program
email@example.com (scan and attach to email)
Nursing Pre-requisite Courses:
(Must have a “C” or better)
APSU Core Requirements:
BIOL 2010/2011 Anatomy & Physiology II + lab
ENG 1010 and 1020
English Composition I & II
BIOL 2020/2021 Anatomy & Physiology II+ lab
Microbiology + lab
Intro to Sociology
HIST 2010 & 2020
American Hist I&II
6 hours humanities from the following choices:
ART 1030 Art Appreciation
MUS 1030 Music Appreciation
THEA 1030 Theater Appreciation
PHIL 1030 (Intro); PHIL 1040 (Ethics) or PHIL 2200 (World Religion)
Elements of Statistics
For questions or additional information please contact Gerri Gass at firstname.lastname@example.org or 931 221-6472.