Graduate students in the APSU School of Nursing may pursue a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree offered through the Regents Online Degree Program (RODP). This program is a collaborative effort among Universities in the Tennessee Board of Regents system to educate nurses and fill nursing shortages in the health care industry.
Four concentrations are available:
RN to MSN
Requirements for the RN with an associate degree or a diploma in nursing with a BA/BS non-nursing degree:
Completion of the following 12 credit hours in RN/MSN nursing bridge sequence:
RN to MSN graduates will not be awarded the BSN degree.
Post Master's Certificates
The Post Master's graduate certificate is an option designed to provide additional specialization for individuals who already hold a Master of Science in Nursing degree or Master of Science in a field of nursing.
Graduate certificates are offered in:
Admission Procedure for the MSN RODP at APSU
All candidates must apply to the Regents Online Degree Program (RODP). The RODP application can be found at www.rodp.org. https://msnapp.rodp.org/application/nameandsocial.aspx
Once the application is processed the candidate will receive an email with a home school referral. If the referral is to Austin Peay State University, the email will direct the student to begin the admissions process. The student should await an email from the graduate admissions office at Austin Peay State University that will provide specific admission requirements instructions.
Once the admission requirements are complete at the graduate admission office, the completed packet will be forwarded to the School of Nursing MSN committee for review and decision. Once a decision is made, the student will be informed by the graduate admissions office.
•July 1st for Fall admission
•November 1st for Spring admission
•April 1stfor Summer admission
Admission Requirements for the MSN RODP at APSU:
1. An unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Tennessee or the state in which the clinical assignments are completed.
2. An earned Bachelor's degree with an overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
3. Successful completion of a 3 semester hour or 4 quarter hour undergraduate level Statistics course.
4. Graduate school TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score as required by your TBR University. Consult the graduate admission requirements at each campus for further details.
5. A resume or CV
6. Official transcripts from all prior educational institutions
7. Personal Goal Statement – The personal goal statement should be a one page essay. It must be written in your own words. It should contain the following: