CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. – Several Austin Peay State University Department of Languages and Literature students were rewarded for their hard work recently when the department presented them with scholarships totaling more than $7,000 for the coming year.
Every spring, the languages and literature department awards the scholarships generously endowed by community members and alumni. Each scholarship has specific criteria for eligibility, set up by the individual who created the scholarship, and a committee within the department then combs through lists of students who meet those requirements.
The recipients of this year’s APSU languages and literature scholarships are
• Emily Pitts – The Pace Scholarship Honoring Charles Waters
• Emily Pitts – The J.D. Lester Writing Award
• Erica Tucker – The Judge William O. Beach Endowed Scholarship Fund
• Jessica Bender – The Claiborne-Woodward Scholarship in Languages and Literature
• Brian O’Hair – The J.T. and Kathleen K. Oxford Scholarship in Spanish
• Eric Ezzell – the Edelweiss Club of Clarksville German Scholarship
The following students also received Creative Writing scholarships: Josh Alexander, Serena Clement, Emily Pitts, Toby Adams, Andrew Sanders, Brittany Giles, Chase Davenport, Sara Key and Olivia Ware.
The awards will benefit the students financially, but they will also add a prestigious line item to their resumes.
For more information on these scholarships or how to endow a departmental scholarship, contact the Office of University Advancement at 221-7127 or firstname.lastname@example.org.