Austin Peay State University will hold a career networking event focusing on opportunities in the criminal justice and public management fields.
The event will be held from 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Friday, April 19 in the Morgan University Center, Ballroom A.
Several organizations will be present at the career networking event:
- Advanced Technical Intelligence Center
- Cicayda (data mining)
- Federal Bureau of Investigation-Nashville/Clarksville resident agencies
- Hemlock Semiconductor (site security)
- InfraGard Members Alliance/Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms
- Metro Nashville Police Department
- Nissan Motor Corp. (senior manager of security)
- Springfield Police Department (police chief)
- Tennessee Titans NFL (Tennessee Titans security – NFL)
- Tennessee Highway Patrol
- Clarksville Police Department
- TVA Security Services
- Altria Client Services – Altria Group (corporate security)
Event organizers stress that the event is not a job fair nor a recruitment event, although some of these organizations might advertise positions for which they are hiring. The career networking event is designed to show students the opportunities that exist within law enforcement, intelligence collection and prevention/investigation of cyber crimes.
For more information, contact Dr. Carter Smith, faculty member in the School of Technology and Public Management, by telephone at 615-656-3505 or by email at email@example.com. - Dr. Melony Shemberger