Students scheduled to graduate Aug. 10 from Austin Peay State University will have an opportunity to participate in Grad Finale, an event designed to make sure all preparations have been made for summer commencement.
Grad Finale will be held from 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Monday, July 2 in the Morgan University Center Ballroom. Students need to remember to bring a form of identification, such as their student I.D. or driver’s license, with them to this event. The following offices will provide information at Grad Finale:
- Office of the Registrar will answer questions regarding completion of degree requirements, honors, diplomas and transcripts. During this event, the Office of the Registrar will confirm your eligibility for graduation or remind you of what is still outstanding.
- The Office of the Bursar will be available to answer questions you may have related to account balances. You will need to pay your graduation fee in the Browning Administration Building at the cashier’s window before the Grad Finale event: $25 for associate degrees, $30 for bachelor’s, $35 for master’s. Please remember to keep your receipt and bring it with you in order to pick up your cap and gown from the bookstore booth in the ballroom.
- The campus bookstore will have caps and gowns available for pickup when the student presents his or her Bursar’s Office receipt for the graduation fee. In addition, honors cords and master’s candidate hoods will be for sale. Cords are $12.99, except summa cum laude cords, which are $19.99. Master’s candidate hoods are all $30 each. Cash and check only will be acceptable at the bookstore booth in the MUC Ballroom (no credit cards). Jostens will have all commencement items for purchase including announcements and invitations. Students may place an order for a class ring at Grad Finale.
- Senior Exit Exam registration will be available. The Senior Exit exam is a requirement for all first-time bachelor’s degree recipients.
- The Office of Enrollment Management and Academic Support will answer questions about Commencement scheduled for Friday, Aug. 12 in the Dunn Center.
- The Career Services Office will answer questions about job search assistance, transitioning from academics into the workforce, résumé writing and mock interview opportunities.
- The offices of Student Affairs and Student Life and Leadership will be handing out graduation gift bags at Grad Finale rather than commencement ceremonies Aug. 10.
- Student Publications will be shooting photos of graduates for both the yearbook and the video screens at graduation.
- The Office of Student Financial Aid/Veterans Affairs will answer questions regarding financial concerns such as loan repayment, etc.
- The College of Graduate Studies will assist students receiving graduate degrees and provide prospective graduate students with information about APSU graduate programs.
- The National Alumni Association will welcome you as an APSU alumnus/a and offer information about staying in touch.
In addition, a door prize will be given away, and refreshments provided. For more information about Grad Finale, contact the Office of Enrollment Management and Academic Support by telephone at 931-221-6540. - Dr. Melony Shemberger