CECA Announces 2018 Ovation Award winners and final program lineup
(Posted April 3, 2018)
CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. – APSU President Alisa White and the Center of Excellence for the Creative Arts (CECA, or “seek-ah”) invite the entire community to the 2018 Ovation Awards, a free, family-friendly celebration of the arts.
The 2018 Ovation Awards will take place on Sunday, April 8, at 2 p.m. in the George and Sharon Mabry Concert Hall on APSU’s campus. The 2018 Ovation Award winners will be honored, and, in an exciting new format, the event will feature performances and artwork by a variety of arts groups from the community and APSU.
The 2018 Ovation Award Winners are:
- Chandler Vinson- Young Artist Award, Dance (Clarksville Academy)
- Savanna Watson- Young Artist Award, Instrumental Performance (APSU Middle College)
- Alycia Shipley- Young Artist Award, Theatre (Clarksville High School)
- Summer Long – Young Artist Award, Visual Art (Clarksville Academy)
- Dr. James Diehr- Individual Artist Award
- Clarksville Foundry- Business Award
- Arts for Hearts Clarksville- Community Award
- Dr. Gregory Wolynec- George Mabry Award
The program will feature performances and artwork by:
- The Roxy Regional Theatre
- Madison Street Brass and APSU Brass Students and Faculty
- APSU Theatre and Dance Students
- Classical Steps II School of Classical Dance
- APSU Chamber Singers
- APSU Art + Design Students
- APSU String Quartet
- APSU Creative Writing
The event is free and open to the public and will be followed by a reception. Media is welcome to attend this event. For more information, please contact CECA at 931-221-7876 or visit www.apsu.edu/ceca/ovation.