String Summer Camp
Theme: Drama in the House!
June 11-15, 2018
Spend several days among other string students and embrace your love for your instrument! The String Camp is designed for string students who study privately and would like to connect with and be inspired by fellow string students. The daily schedule will include master-class type lessons with APSU faculty, small ensemble coaching, musical explorations in musicianship training, movement/dance sessions, and presentations of various music related topics.
String students with at least one year of instruction are welcome to register.
Due to construction in the APSU Music/Mass Communications Building, the String Camp will take place at the Madison Street United Methodist Church - Music Academy Building.
June 11-15, 2018 @ 9am – 3:30pm.
Online Registration is now open for 2018! Click here to register.
Early Bird Discount is available until April 30!
You will need to following information to register:
- A list of pieces your child played within the last year (i.e. May Song-Allegro, Suzuki Book 1, scales: A and D, 1 octave). You may also just list the lesson/method book.
- Your child’s T-Shirt size.
Registration deadline: May 15, 2018
After your application materials have been received and accepted, we will be in touch with you.
Austin Peay String Faculty
- Emily Hanna Crane, D.M. Florida State University, registered Suzuki teacher
- Meghan Carey Berindean, D.M. Florida State University, Suzuki trained teacher
- Razvan Berindean, D.M. Florida State University
- Simone Parker, M. Mus Austin Peay State University, Nationally Certified Teacher of Music in Piano, Certified Alexander Technique Teacher (ATI)
- APSU String Students
The string camp will conclude on Friday with a performance for parents followed by a reception.
We are looking forward for you to be there!
Simone Parker, String Camp Director