String Summer Camp
July 17-21, 2017
Spend several days among other string students and embrace your love for your instrument! The String Camp is designed for string students who study privately and would like to connect with and be inspired by fellow string students. Students will prepare a variety of repertoire prior to the camp, participate in chamber music, group classes, listen to presentations of various music related topics and explorations in music history, theory and string literature.
String students with at least one year of instruction are welcome to register.
APSU Music/Mass Communications Building
|Dates:||July 17-21, 2017 @ 9am – 2:30pm. Wednesday will conclude at 2:30 pm as well (updated 5/26/2017).|
Application – please submit the following:
- Complete the registration here
- Registration Fee (due with application):
- $100 early bird by May 31 ($150 afterwards).
- Siblings: $75 early bird ($125 afterwards).
- Registration deadline: June 15, 2017
- A repertoire list of pieces played within the last year. Students may list the lesson/method book. The repertoire list may be sent via email or by mail to the string camp director:
APSU Department of Music
Clarksville, TN 37044
After your application materials have been received and accepted, we will forward
additional materials to you. Each participant will be assigned to a group. About one
month before camp, participants will receive ensemble parts and additional repertoire.
The welcome package will include when and where to come, what to bring, a map, a sample
schedule, and all other information needed for your participation. We are looking
forward for you to be there!
Austin Peay String Faculty
- Emily Hanna Crane, D.M. Florida State University, registered Suzuki teacher
- Meghan Berindean, D.M. Florida State University, Suzuki trained teacher
- Razvan Berindean, D.M. Florida State University
- Simone Parker, M. Mus Austin Peay State University, Nationally Certified Teacher of Music in Piano
- APSU String Students
|10:00am||Small Groups Rehearsal Time|
|11:30am||Music History/Theory/String Literature|
Students will provide their own sack lunch, light snacks will be available. The string camp will conclude on Friday with a performance for parents followed by a reception.