Piano String Camp
Theme: Animals on the Loose!
June 25-29, 2018
Spend a week with other piano students and embrace your love for the piano! The Piano Camp is designed for piano students who study privately and would like to connect with and be inspired by fellow piano students. The daily schedule will include master-class type lessons with APSU faculty, small ensemble coaching, musical explorations such as composition and musicianship training, movement/dance sessions, and presentations of various music related topics.
Piano students with at least one year of piano instruction are welcome to register. Students must be able to read both clefs fluently and must be able to play hands together.
Due to construction in the APSU Music/Mass Communications Building, the Piano Camp will take place at the Madison Street United Methodist Church – Music Academy Building.
June 25-29, 2018 @ 9am – 3:30pm.
Online Registration is now open for 2018! Click here to register.
Early Bird Discount is available until April 30!
You will need to following information to register:
- A list of pieces played within the last year (i. e. Minuet in G – J.S. Bach, Masterwork Classics Book 3, scales and arpeggios C, G, D). For elementary and early intermediate students, list the lesson/method book (i. e. Faber & Faber – Piano Adventures 2B).
- Your child’s T-Shirt size.
Registration deadline: May 15, 2018
After your application materials have been received and accepted, we will be in touch with you.
Austin Peay Piano Faculty
- Anne Glass, M. Mus Peabody College
- Patricia Halbeck, D.M.A. University of Oklahoma at Norman
- Simone Parker, M. Mus Austin Peay State University, Nationally Certified Teacher of Music in Piano
- Jared Wilson, MTS Vanderbilt University, A. Dip. Christ Church College, Oxford University
- Jeffrey Wood, Ph.D. State University of New York at Stony Brook
- Lydia Schoonover, M. Mus University of North Carolina at Greensboro
APSU Piano Students
The piano camp will conclude on Friday with a performance for parents followed by a reception.
We are looking forward for you to be there!
Simone Parker, Piano Camp Director