Liberal Studies Music Concentration
General Education (see TBR Common Core )
University-Wide Freshman Seminar Requirement
Specific General Education Requirements: 3/9 Credit Hours
NOTE: MUS 1970 substitutes for a Humanities core course for music majors. Therefore, for music majors, this course will count as part of the General Education Requirement (consisting of 41 credits).
- Intermediate Foreign Language 6 (Required for the B.A. only)
Additional Major Requirements: 23 Credit Hours
- *Student must complete a minor in another department.
- *Student must consult with individual department for specific requirements.
Lower Division Major Requirements: 27 Credit Hours
- MUS 1060 - Recital Attendance 0 (pass or fail) - eight semesters required.
- MUS 1xxx Applied music - Individual Instruction 4 (Four semesters of 1-credit lessons).
- MUS 1xxx Appropriate ensemble 4 (Four semesters of 1-credit major ensemble).
Liberal Studies students must take the 3 credits of piano offerings. (*However, additional piano instruction may be needed in order to to satisfy piano proficiency requirement).
Upper Division Major Requirements: 30 Credit Hours
Students should take a literature class (as appropriate to the applied area) from the following list of options: