Instrumental Specialization (Music Performance Concentration)
General Education (see TBR Common Core )
University-Wide Freshman Seminar Requirement
Specific General Education Requirements: 3/9 Credit Hours
- MUS 1970 - Introduction to Music Literature 3
- MUS 1970 substitutes for a Humanities core course for music majors. Therefore, for music majors, this course will count as part of the General Education Requirement (consisting of 41 credits).
- Intermediate Foreign Language 6 (Required for the B.A. only)
Lower Division Major Requirements: 33 Credit Hours
Students must take a minimum of *ONE of the following piano offerings. (*However, additional piano instruction may be needed in order to to satisfy piano proficiency requirement).
- MUS 1xxx - Applied Music–Individual Instruction 8 (Four semesters of 2-credit lessons)
- MUS 1xxx - Ensemble (appropriate) 8 (Four semesters of 2-credit ensemble offerings).
Upper Division Major Requirements: 44 Credit Hours