This page contains information for parents whose children are enrolled in the Homeschool Music Program
Arrival and Dismissal: Bring your child to his/her classroom no earlier than 15 minutes prior to the posted start time. For all Music Play classes, parents are expted to stay and participate in class. For all other classes, you are welcome to stay and observe classes, or you may wait in the lobby (1st floor) or mezzanine (2nd floor). You are also welcome to leave to run errands or attend to other matters as long as you return in time to retrieve your child(ren). Please sign-out your child no later than 10 minutes after class has ended. Children will not be released from the classroom to find parents in the lobby or in the parking lot.
If you stay to observe a class or rehearsal and if you have a younger sibling (toddler or baby) with you, please ensure that the sibling does not disturb class. Feel free to take the baby into the lobby or mezzanine and return when he/she has settled down.
Finding the Music Building: All classes are located in the Music/Mass Communications Building on the campus of APSU. Click here for directions to the APSU Campus from your school or home. To find the Music Building from College Street, turn north on 8th Street toward campus (next to the Sundquist Science Complex on the east end of campus). The first stop sign is Marion Street. The Music Mass Communications building is the large building on the left corner of Marion and 8th street.
Parking: Once you register, you will receive an e-mail with an APSU temporary parking pass. Print the pass and place it on your dashboard to park in any one of the lots surrounding the MMC building. You may also park anywhere on the street without a parking permit. Click here for the 2016 campus parking map.
- Honor Choir: On the campus map, you may park in any red and green lots, and visitor parking spaces, but do not use residential parking. And, since the choir rehearses after hours, you will not need a parking pass.
- All Other Programs: You will need the parking permit and may use any of the black overflow lots or visitor parking.
Finding your Classroom: Follow the instructions below to find your child's classroom. For those who have participated in the Homeschool Music Program in the past, we have had a sign-in table in the main lobby of the music building. Since we are expanding programs, we will not have the central check-in table. Instead, you will check-in with your child's teacher in their assigned classroom. We will also have signs available for the first few weeks.
- Music Play and General Music Classes are in Room 229. In the main lobby, take the elevator to the 2nd floor. Turn right and follow the hallway. Room 229 is the 2nd classroom on your right.
- Elementary Honor Choir is in Room 147 (Choral Rehearsal). In the main lobby, you will see a set of wooden double doors. Once you go through these doors, Rm. 147 is the second door on the right, just as you reach the end of the hall. There is also a stroller-accessible door available: Once you enter the main lobby doors, head to your right and go down the hallway with the newspaper and Time Magazine displays. Keep following this hallway and you will see the back entrance to Rm. 147 on your left just before you reach the end of the hall.
- Beginning Band is in Room 152 (Instrumental Rehearsal). In the main lobby, you will see a set of wooden double doors. Once you go through these doors, Rm. 145 is the first door on the right, just as you reach the end of the hall. There is also a stroller-accessible door available: Once you enter the main lobby doors, head to your right and go down the hallway with the newspaper and Time Magazine displays. Keep following this hallway and you will see the back entrance to Rm. 152 on your left just as you turn the corner.
Inclement weather: We will follow the CMCSS schedule for closing due to inclement weather. If CMCSS schools run on a delayed schedule due to inclement weather, we will meet at our regular time.
Click here to return to the Homeschool Music Program Homepaege