Since 2013, the APSU Homeschool Music Program has offered general music courses for homeschool students in Middle Tennessee and Southern Kentucky. For the 2016-2017 academic year, we are excited to announce the launch of several additional opportunities for early childhood, upper-elementary, and middle-school students: Music Play classes for infants through age four, an honor choir, beginning ukulele, and a beginning band. If you are a homeschool family interested in music performance and education opportunities for your children, we would be excited to welcome you to our program. We hope you will join us for Middle Tennessee's most exciting music enrichment program for homeschool students.
Now taking Registration for Fall 2017. Click here to register.
Music Play for Infants through age four
- Now offering two 6-week sessions. Click here for more information about Music Play
- Music Play classes will reconvene in the spring
General Music for Kindergarten through 2nd grade (Spring semester; age 5 - 7)
- Click here for more information about General Music.
Honor Choir: Now open for 3rd through 8th grade
- (age 8 - 13; public and private-school children welcome)
- Monday nights, 4:30-6:00, September 11 through December 4
- Click here for more information about the Honor Choir.
Ukulele for 3rd through 6th grade (Beginning and Intermediate classes; Age 8 - 11)
- Click here for more information about Ukulele classes.
- Monday afternoons, September 11 through December 4
All classes meet in the Music/Mass Communications Building on the Campus of Austin Peay State University.
Click here to learn more about the benefits of music participation
Click here for instrument suppliers, private lessons and other music retail information.
Click here for more information including policies and procedures of the Homeschool Music Program.
Contact the Homeschool Music Program director at Branscomee@apsu.edu or 931.221.7811 to have your name put on our mailing list for upcoming events and music offerings.