The Texts for Vets Program was created to assist APSU students overcome the financial burden of purchasing textbooks. The textbooks we provide our students are donated from the APSU community, which are distributed to the students through our center in room 120 in the Morgan University Center (located behind the Post Office). Due to the current amount of textbooks, we distribute them out based on a first-come first-served basis. The first week of distribution is designated for veterans, active duty, reservist, national guardsmen, retirees, ROTC students, and family members. Once the semester starts, distribution is open to all APSU students. During the last week of the term the students return the book to the center to be signed out by another student the following semester. If you have any textbooks that you no longer use please think of helping out your fellow students by donating those textbooks to the MSC.
Please remember this program is funded completely by donations, so if you are able to donate please do!
- First come first serve basis.
- Students must bring their APSU student ID and correct A# when signing out book(s).
- Student must fill out Texts for Vets application online.
- Many of the donated books are used so original CD’s/software may no longer be with the book. The student is responsible for acquiring or borrowing those items for their class.
- The book is to be returned by the last day of the semester/session.
- If a student drops a class they must return the book ASAP so another student has the opportunity to sign it out.
- If a textbook(s) is not returned by the due date a hold will be placed on their student account. If the Military Student Center has placed a hold on a student's account, that student will be ineligible for other Military Student Center programs until that hold has been cleared. Upon item return the student will be banned from utilizing these services for an additional 90 days after the return date.
- Student must review book availability (see below) before completing an application form.
- One Texts for Vets application form must be completed for each book prior to books being released to student and only during dates published below.
- To apply you must fill out the online application and we will contact you by phone when we have processed you application.
- You will have 48 hours from the time we contact you to pick up the textbooks you applied for or they will be returned to our inventory and checked out to someone else.
Summer (MC & FCC) 2017:
Will be available starting on: 5/30
Priority students (Veterans, Active duty, Family Members) from: 5/30 to 6/4
All other APSU students from: 6/5 to 7/12
· Returns for FCC terms will be accepted from: 7/17 to 7/20
· Returns for MC terms will be accepted from: 8/7 to 8/11
For more information or if you have questions please contact the Military Student Center at (931)221-1685 or via email at email@example.com