Prospective MLT to MLS/MT students must first apply for admission to Austin Peay State University. Once accepted, students may then apply to the MLT to MLS/MT program. A valid APSU student ID number (which begins with an "A") and a second set of official transcripts are required as part of the MLT to MLS/MT program application. Acceptance to the online program is competitive. Please refer to the "MLT to MLS" tab for further information on this program.
Follow these steps to apply for admission:
- Apply for admission to APSU. Once you are admitted, you will receive information on accessing your APSU OneStop account, which includes access to APSU email and your personal records.
- MLT to MLS Application
- Applications are due March 1 each year for the program begining the following August. There is a $25 application fee which must be included with the application. Checks should be made out to "APSU MLS Program" and must be signed.
- OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS MUST ACCOMPANY YOUR PROGRAM APPLICATION, separately from application to the university. They should be sent by the institution to the Allied Health Sciences department.
- Once the program application is complete, faculty will review each student's transcripts to identify any deficiencies in prerequisite coursework which must be completed before admission to the 10-month MLT-MLS/MT program. We will contact you via your APSU email account. If you do need to complete prerequisite courses, you'll likely find APSU offers the courses you need online. Faculty are unable to advise students who wish to complete pre-requisite courses outside of APSU; however, the APSU Registrar's office may have course equivalencies on file for some institutions.
- Remember to request an official set of transcripts for our department, even though a set has been sent to Admissions. All completed application packets must be turned in to the Medical Laboratory Science program office in the Sundquist Science Complex room D232 or mailed to: