Keys Student Advisory Council
The Keys Student Advisory Council (SAC) at Austin Peay State University provides valuable insight to the University administration on the needs and interests of students as they pertain to high-impact practices. The members of the SAC serve as liaisons between university administrators and the student body by planning and implementing events and devising new strategies for increasing awareness of and involvement in high-impact practices.
The Keys Student Advisory Council is open to students who meet the following eligibility standards:
- Minimum 2.25 GPA
- No code of conduct proceedings within the last 12 months
- Must have either participated in a QEP HIP in the past (service-learning and/or study abroad) or plan to in the next academic year
Goals and Objectives:
- Members of SAC learn the benefits of participating in high-impact practices and serve as advocates of these programs to their peers.
Members of SAC raise awareness of the importance of high-impact practices on campus through the planning and implementation of events such as town halls, forums, workshops, showcases, etc.
Members of SAC provide feedback from the student body to the University administration in order to guide the implementation of the QEP at APSU.
- Members of SAC serve as student representatives on the commitees associated with the QEP.
- Members of SAC are responsible for planning and implementing at least one special event each academic semester, such as a town hall, workshop, forum, showcase, etc.
- Members of SAC attend monthly meetings in which information on HIPs is presented as well as progress reports from each committee representative.
- Gain experience in planning and implementing campus-wide events
- Have a critical voice in the planning and implementation of important initiatives related to the University's accreditation
- Build professional connections by working closely with faculty, staff and administrators
- Learn more about the inner workings of higher education and parliamentary procedure
- Enhance resume and graduate school applications