Govs G.L.O. (Global Learning Opportunities)
Govs G.L.O. (Global Learning Opportunities) is a learning community sponsored by the Keys to the World program that strives to transform students into globally-minded, socially conscious citizens through intentional and strategic high-impact service and travel opportunities. This cohort-based group will engage in one course together each academic year, meet bi-monthly for group study and mentor sessions, engage in a study abroad experience, and participate in at least one meaningful service project each semester.
Benefits to Students
- Students will receive a $100 gift card to the Barnes and Noble campus bookstore
- Resume building experiences
- Career services to help build resume writing and interview skills to highlight high impact experiences
- Scholarships to help cover portion of study abroad costs
- Sophomore (30-59 credit hours earned by beginning of Fall 2018 semester)
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Full-time student - must maintain enrollment in at least 12 credit hours to remain in program
- Present on service and/or study abroad experience at the Keys to the World Showcases (Fall and Spring semester)
- Write reflection paper on experiences each semester
- Minimum of 25 service hours each semester
For more information about Govs G.L.O., please contact Allie Michael, Learning Opportunities Coordinator, at (931) 221-6761 or firstname.lastname@example.org.