The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
— William Arthur Ward
Dr. Jiang Li joined the Department of Computer Science and Information Technology
Ph.D. (2003) Engineering & Computer Science, University of Nebraska - Lincoln
TEACHING - Spring 2016 Courses Taught
CSCI 5095 Data Mining Project
1. J. Li, L. Wang, L. Williams, and C. Allan, "Development of a novel computer application to teach counting in K-2 classroom using the Unified Process method," International Journal of Modern Education and Computer Science, IJMECS, vol.7, no.10, pp.1-11, 2015.DOI: 10.5815/ijmecs.2015.10.01.
2. J. Li, W. Rich, and D. Buhl-Brown, "Texture analysis of remote sensing imagery with clustering and Bayesian inference," International Journal of Image, Graphics, and Signal Processing, IJIGS, vol.7, no.9, pp.1-10, August 2015. DOI: 10.5815/ijigsp.2015.09.01.
3. J. Li, "Development of programming projects for object-oriented programming courses: from console to GUI applications," The Journal of Computing Sciences in Colleges, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 4-16, December 2014.
4. J. Li, "Texture classification of Landsat TM imagery using Bayes Point Machine," in Proceedings of the 51th ACM Southeast Conference ACM SE’13, Savannah, Georgia, April 4-6, 2013.
5. S. Jator and J. Li, "An algorithm for second order initial and boundary value problems with an automatic error estimate based on a third derivative method," Numerical Algorithms, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 333-346, March, 2012.
6. J. Li, "Remote sensing image information mining with HPC cluster and DryadLINQ," in Proceedings of the 49th ACM Southeast Conference ACM SE’11, Kennesaw, Georgia, March 24 – 26, 2011, pp. 227-232.
7. S. Jator and J. Li, "Solving two-point boundary value problems by a family of linear multistep methods," Neural, Parallel, and Scientific Computations, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 135-146, June 2009.
8. J. Li, "Teaching unified process in software design and development courses – a case study," The Journal of Computing Sciences in Colleges, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 5-11, May 2009.
9. S. Jator and J. Li, "A self-starting linear multistep method for a direct solution of the general second order initial value problem," International Journal of Computer Mathematics, vol. 86, no. 5, pp. 827-836, May 2009.
10. J. Li, "Hierarchical land cover information retrieval in object-oriented remote sensing image databases with native queries," in Proceedings of the 45th ACM Southeast Conference ACM SE’07, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, USA, March, 23 – 24, 2007, pp. 467-472.
11. J. Li and R. M. Narayanan, "Integrated spectral and spatial information mining in remote sensing imagery," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 673-685, March 2004.
12. J. Li and R. M. Narayanan, "A shape-based approach to change detection of lakes using time series remote sensing images," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 41, no. 11, pp. 2466 -2477, November 2003.
13. J. Li, R. M. Narayanan, W. J. Waltman, and A. J. Peters, "Fuzzy feature-based image mining in remote sensing," Proc. SPIE AeroSense Conference on Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, Orlando, Florida, April 2001, vol. 4384, pp. 46-55.