Professor of Psychology (Program Coordinator, Industrial/Organizational Psychology)
Department of Psychology, P.O. Box 4537
Austin Peay State University
Clarksville, TN 37044
Phone: (931) 221 6331
Fax: (931) 221 6267
Study Abroad Course - Cross-cultural Psychology: Expedition to South India
This course is offered during wintermester (2012-2013) through CCSA : Click Here to see CCSA website for this course
Study-Abroad ∙ Winter ∙ 14 days
Learn about the ways culture influences behavior in this cross-cultural psychology expedition course! We will visit South India and tour several parts of the neighboring states, Tamil Nadu and Kerala, to gain knowledge on cultural expressions and communication patterns in a collective culture. We will be touring through lush, greenery-filled scenic routes on the coastal regions while enjoying experiential learning opportunities with site visits to cultural centers, museums, art galleries/centers, exhibits, public schools, educational institutions, corporate techno-parks in South India. Get ready to experience and participate in seasonal festivities of Chennai, the cultural capital of South India!
Register for APSU’s PSY 4444 Cross-Cultural Psychology
Graduate Students PSY PSY 6090 (Selected Topics)
Lodging and Meals
Participants in the India Program reside in area hotels. Accommodations are based primarily on double occupancy with occasional use of multi-bedded rooms; single rooms may be available at an additional cost. Daily breakfasts and some additional meals are included in the program price.
· Health insurance
· Program excursions
· Airport transfers
· Round-trip transportation from designated cities
* Price is based upon the estimated cost of the program and grouped into the levels listed below. Level1- $2k-3k Level2- $3k-4k, Level3- $4k-5k, Level4- $5k-$6k, Level5-$6k-$7k. Prices are subject to change due to increases in airfare, fluctuation of currency exchange, and changes in tuition and fee rates. Estimated cost may not include airfare, APSU tuition, or health coverage unless otherwise specified. You also should budget funds for personal expenses based upon your spending habits.
Financial aid is available. Your current scholarships and financial aid may apply toward the cost of the program. Call the Office of Student Financial Aid at (931) 221-7907 to schedule an appointment with a financial aid counselor. Additional scholarships and travel grants are available through the Office of International Education.
Payment Schedule and Deadlines
· Submit your application, and deposit of $200 before Sept 14 or $300 after 14th and before Sept 29th, 2012
Submit first payment of $2100 no later than Oct. 15, 2012
· Submit the final payment of $2495 by November 2, 2012
· Register for PSY 4444/6090 during the registration period for APSU winter classes.
Contact Dr. Uma Iyer, Industrial/Organizational Psychology Program Coordinator, at email@example.com or (931) 221-6331. To find more information visit http://ccsa.studioabroad.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=Programs.ViewProgram&Program_ID=10604
Austin Peay State University reserves the right to make cancellations, date and fee adjustments and any other changes that may be required.