Skip Navigation
Photo in France from an exchange program

Payment Process

Study-Abroad program payments are divided into two categories.

1. Tuition and fees

All tuition and fees for APSU coursework completed in study-abroad programs should be paid into your student account as they are normally paid for on-campus courses. You can make payments online through Self-Service or make payments at the Browning Business Office Cashier’s Window. Tuition and fees should NOT be paid into the Study-Abroad Agency Account.

2. Study-Abroad program costs

The application fee will be charged to your student account. All other study-abroad program fees/payments MUST be paid into the Study-Abroad Program Account at the Browning Business Office Cashier’s window. You cannot pay the study-abroad program expenses online or directly to the APSU faculty coordinator. This amount should NOT be paid to your student account.

Payment requirements:

  • Students are required to pay in full for program fees by the deadline dates established by the study-abroad program. Failure to do so can result in removal from the program. Expenses that cannot be refunded to the study-abroad program including travel, housing, and other arrangements will be charged to the student.
  • Tuition payments must be received by the deadline date established by the program and no later than the university’s mandatory drop period established for non-payment of tuition. If a student’s courses are dropped due to nonpayment or failure to confirm or validate courses, then the student may be removed from the study-abroad program. Certain expenses including travel, housing and other arrangements that cannot be refunded to the study-abroad program will be charged to the student.
  • If you have any questions about tuition or program fee payments, please contact the Office of International Education for assistance.

Financial Aid

Can FSA funds be used for all study abroad programs?

If you are enrolled in an approved study abroad program taking classes for credit, you will be also registered for the equivalent course(s) here at APSU so you would be eligible to receive FSA funds. Students in a semester exchange program are required to register full time (minimum of 12 credit hours). the cost of the program will be used by the Office of Financial Aid to determine individual student award amounts.

What if I need to pay program fees before my aid is awarded?

In meeting with the Financial Aid study abroad counselor, it will be determined what funds are available to attend the trip. Upon review of the eligible funds, a study-abroad advancement can be issued (if applicable) to pay for your program cost until your funds are available.

If you plan on using financial aid you need to call the Office of Student Financial Aid at (931) 221-7907 to schedule an appointment with a study abroad counselor -Cathy Naef or Jennifer Ellis.  

Dealines to apply for a study abroad advancement:

  • Summer programs: deadline is May 1
  • Winter and Spring Break: deadline is Dec 1.

What if I elect not to participate in the study-abroad program?

You must understand that if a problem develops with your financial aid, you decide not to participate in the program or any other problem occurs, you are still responsible for repaying the amount borrowed from APSU. Therefore, you should immediately contact the financial aid representative for study abroad to discuss your options. Also, please submit the online cancellation form found under "Cancelation" on the menu to your left.