Costs and Benefits
Study-abroad and exchange programs start at about $2,500. Costs vary depending on the place and length of the programs. To learn more about the cost of the program that interests you, please make an appointment for an advising session here.
If you need help covering the cost, you can apply for scholarships, grants, and student loans. To learn more about financial aid for study-abroad and exchange programs, call (931) 221-7907 for an appointment with a study-abroad financial aid counselor.
- Employers value the skills you will gain through study-abroad experiences. As you adapt to foreign cultures and customs, you’ll become more flexible, confident and able to effectively interact in diverse environments – traits employers are seeking.
- It will open your eyes. You’ll return with a new perspective of your home culture and an appreciation for the unique differences you’ll find among world cultures. It’s hard to fully understand your culture when you’re immersed in it. When you study abroad, you’ll have the chance to compare and contrast life in your country with that of another.
- Your international experiences and the friends you make abroad will help you better understand who you are, how the world works and how you fit in.
- It’s fun! You’ll become familiar with a foreign country while you travel to exotic destinations that many people never have the opportunity to explore.
- It’s an exciting way to experience the world while earning APSU credits.
"Studying abroad is so important in life. It gives you the experience of going to a foreign country and living the life there and learning about the culture and the language of that country. It gives you a better understanding of the world around you. I think you become who you really want to be when you go abroad. It is the opportunity to let go and be yourself. You are able to make life-long friendships because there are others around you going through a similar experience as you and that creates a great bond." Danielle, France 2009