There is a new login page for your APSU email! You can now access your email using http://owa.apsu.edu. Your username is your email address and your password is your same email password.
For a overview of the new features available through Outlook Web Access, please browse to http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/code/OWA/index.html
Incoming Server - owa.apsu.edu
Outgoing Server - Please specify the server provided by your local server provider
Port - 995 (Secure/SSL)
The method used for changing your password is different depending on which operating system you are using.
The networking software and configuration of Mac systems on campus does not allow users to change the Exchange/NT password directly from their computers. To have this password changed contact the Exchange Administrator at extension 6393 or by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To create a personal distribution list:
1. From the Tools menu, select Address Book.
2. From the File menu, choose New Entry.
3. In the Select The Entry Type box, select Personal Distribution List.
4. Under Put This Entry, select In The, then select Personal Address Book, and click on OK
5. In the Name box, type the name of your distribution list.
6. Click on the Add/Remove Members button.
7. Double-click each name you want to add to the distribution list.
8. Choose OK until all open dialog boxes are closed.
Unfortunately, we cannot increase disk quotas on Exchange because of limited storage resources. However, you can free space off the server by moving part of the messages to a file saved on your PC. There are 2 ways to do this:
1. Using the Archive option: to save mail messages to a local file based on their age.
1. On the File menu, click Archive.
2. To archive all folders, click Archive all folders according to their Auto Archive settings. To archive one folder only, click Archive this folder and all subfolders, and then click the folder that contains the items you want to archive.
3. In the Archive file box, type a file name for the archived items to be transferred to, or click Browse to select from a list.
4. In the Archive items older than box, enter a date. Items dated before this date will be archived.
2. Using Personal folders: to save selected mail messages to a local file (in the same manner you move mail items to a subfolder).
To create a personal folder in Outlook,
1. If you don't have the Folder List view already enabled, select Folder List in the View menu.
2. Select Services from the Tools menu.
3. Click the Add... button.
4. Select Personal Folder in the list of Available Information Services and click the OK button (you may need to scroll down the list to get to this service).
5. Type a file name for this personal folder and click the Open button.
6. In the next dialog box, click the OK button. This creates a Personal Folders item in the folder view.
To move messages to the Personal Folders section, just select and drag the desired messages to the Personal Folders location.
To change your NT Account Password, Click on the "Start" button, go to "Settings", then "Control Panel".
Double click on the "Passwords" icon. Click on "Change Windows Password" button. Make sure "Microsoft Networking" is checked.
Click on "OK". Enter Old Password, New Password and Confirm New Password in the appropriate boxes and then click on "OK".