Adjusted Work Schedule
- To provide a greater work schedule flexibility for administrative, professional and support staff, the University will grant regular non-faculty employees the opportunity to have an adjusted work schedule.
- The hours from 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, are the normal scheduled hours when all non-shift employees shall normally complete their daily and weekly basic work requirements.
- The hours from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. are deemed core hours when full-time employees will be present for work or absent on their scheduled lunch period which must occur between the hours of 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- The hours from 7:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. are flexible hours when full-time employees can elect their times of arrival and departure.
- Excluding overtime hours, employees are required to either work or account for, by leave or other means, 7.5 hours per day, 37.5 hours per week.
- For non-exempt employees, overtime hours will be approved and compensated in accordance with the regular overtime and compensatory time policy.
- Employees must submit a Request for Work Schedule Change Form to their Department Head for approval. Department Heads have the right to reserve 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. schedules for specific positions and work areas. This form must be maintained in the department’s files.
- All offices must be covered from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Employee participation in this program is not guaranteed and is subject to the needs of the department and the University.
- Eligible employees who do not submit a Work Schedule Change Form will work from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday with a one-hour lunch break.
- The employee must maintain the adjusted work schedule for at least three months once it is established.
- The Department Head may end the adjusted work schedule should problems develop or operational needs change.
- For more detailed information refer to APSU Policy Number 5:017.