To be eligible for HSUB, at least one or all of these descriptions must apply to you:
Has completed the 8th grade
Not yet completed the 10th grade.
Attend one of these high schools: CHS, KHS, NEHS, NWHS, RHS, MCHS, WCHS High School
- Based on published federal guidelines, you are part of a low-income family. Federal_TRIO_Programs_Low_Income_Levels_Guidelines.pdf
- Neither of your parents earned a bachelor's degree, making you a first-generation college student
- Has academic potential and needs further development in basic skills.
- Has the desire to attend a four-year college or university with the goal of obtaining a bachelor's degree.
The Recruiting process
Recruitment sessions begin around February at the target middle and high schools.
- Presentation during advisory to all 8th grade students.
- Students then complete a program application (Select from menu on left) or from the school Guidance Counselor.
- ALL applications are returned to the Guidance Counselor by the deadline date.
- Applicants attend a mandatory meeting after notification of application receipt.
- Selected applicants are then scheduled for a personal interview with a parent/guardian in attendance.
- Selected candidates begin the program during the summer session or when a slot becomes available.