Phase II Housing Name Contest
Austin Peay State University Office of Housing/Residence Life and Dining Services invites students to participate in the naming of the three buildings that comprise the Phase II Housing project on Drane St.
The contest is open to all students who will be returning/enrolled for the Fall 2012 semester.
The prize is $500 (for each building). This amount will be applied to your student account for the Fall 2012 semester.
We are looking forward to your exciting suggestions.
Here is the criteria for selection:
- The names should reflect positively on the university.
- The names should not be named after individuals. We are looking for campus related names (i.e. Governor Hall, etc.)
- It is possible with three buildings, we can have multiple winners. The university reserves the right to select multiple winners and split the prize.
- If an acronym is necessary or likely to be used on a daily basis for the complex, it must not be viewed negatively or tied to humorous connotations.
- In instances where the same name is submitted, we will select the student with the earliest entry by time/date.
- The names must be viewed as having longevity in terms of students and campus visitors for generations to come.
- Entries will be evaluated by a campus naming committee and then forwarded to the President for final approval. The student will only win the cash prize if final name is used for the buildings.
DATES FOR SUBMISSION:
Sept 24th- Oct 12th, 2012
All submissions must be received by midnight on Oct 12th, 2012