Outlook and Entourage
Setting up an Outlook Account
Note: You cannot setup an Outlook Account until you have filled out and submitted the Microsoft Exchange/Outlook Account form to the Office of Information Technology. You may locate it at http://www.apsu.edu/computer/forms.
- Make sure you are logged into the computer under your account
- Also make sure that you have Outlook closed
- Click Start
- Select Control Panel, make sure you are in Classic View
- Select the Mail icon
- When the dialog box appears, select Show Profiles
- Click Add
- For the profile name enter your Username, click Ok
- Under the Email section, select “Add new email account”
- Click Next
- Select Microsoft Exchange Server, Click Next
- In the box next to Microsoft Exchange Server type: exchange
- Uncheck the box next to “Use Cached Exchange Mode”
- In the box next to User Name enter your Username
- Next click the Check Name button; this will change the things in the two boxes to updated information.
- Click Next, and then click Finished
- You should be able to open Outlook and see your account
Remote access of Outlook email
1. Open your web browser (Internet Explorer or Netscape) and type the following address: http://mail.apsu.edu
AOL and CompuServe users can use the AOL or CompuServ service to "dial
in", but you must use Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator to access your
email. Once you dial in, minimize AOL or CompuServe then locate and run your
Internet Explorer or Netscape program.
2. For your username, enter email@example.com (just like your email address), replacing username with your email username.
Ex: For Jane Doe, enter firstname.lastname@example.org in the username text box.
3. In the Password line, type your Exchange password as usual (remember that this password is case-sensitive and is the same as your logon password).
Remote access (Outlook) – Inactivity Time-Out
On the Outlook Web Access login page, please note the two security option radio buttons. The ‘Public or Shared’ option allows for a 15 minute time-out after inactivity. The ‘Private’ option allows for 24 hours before timing-out. If you are in a private environment, be sure to check the ‘Private’ radio button to avoid frustration.
Entourage not connecting to Server
- Open Entourage
- Click Ok on the error box
- Click on Entourage in the Menu Bar and pull down to Account Settings
- Double Click on Account
- Change: Exchange Server in dialog box to: apbrexc
- Click Ok to all new dialog boxes
- May have to restart Entourage to configure the new server
How to create personal folders in Outlook 2007
How to create personal folders in Outlook 2010
How to auto-archive in Outlook 2011 for Mac