Bugs, Spiders, Poison, OH MY!!
Summer is a time for picnics, hiking, and time outside. So be prepared this summer and read the tips below for how to stay safe outside.
How to Correctly remove a tick—
- Use fine-tipped tweezers to grasp the tick and close to hte skin's surface as possible
- Pull upward with steady and even pressure
- Don't twist or jerk the tick from the skin (this can cause the mouth to break off inside the skin)
- Remove any remaining parts from skin with tweezers
- After removing the tick, thoroughly clean the bite area with rubbing alcohol or soap & water.
For more information check out our peay journal Summer addition