Hispanic Cultural Center Conversation Labs
Dr. Miguel Ruiz comes to the center twice a week to offer free tutoring and conversation labs to all students taking Spanish. For details check out the Events page of the HCC website.
Learn Spanish through play.
- Spanish Phrases Flash Cards: 1000 cards covers glossary of essential words, travel, entertainment/sports, food/restaurant, clothes/shopping, money/bank, school/workplace, people/family, habitat, health/body, directions, weather/seasons, calendar, time, colors, exclamations, negatives, questions, and basics/greetings.
- Spanish Vocabulary Flash Cards: 1000 cards covers adjectives, adverbs, verbs, questions, body/health, food/restaurant/drink, sports/entertainment, studies/workplace, family/titles, habitat, weather, time, directions, travel, greetings, bank, clothes, and numbers.
- Mexopoly: This game is for up to 30 people. Property deeds cards are for places in Mexico such as the floating gardens of Xochimilco, the ruins of Teotihuacan and the Palacio de Bellas Artres. The goal is to be the wealthiest player through buying and renting property. All transactions must be in made in Spanish.
- Oraciones Divertidas (Silly Sentences): This game is set in a park. By taking a walk in the park (playing), you can learn the different parts of speech in order to make sentences.
- Mézclalas (Mix it up and Match): Pick up vocabulary by learning the initial sound of words and finding matching words.
- Operando (Operation)
Hispanic Cultural Center Library Collection
The library collection includes copies of Spanish textbooks, English-Spanish dictionary, Latino literature, literature in Spanish, and a DVD/VHS collection.