Panhellenic Council Recruitment Guidelines
Below are guidelines that govern Panhellenic Council recruitment process:
- The Panhellenic Council requires that all interested women with less than 12 college credits be unconditionally admitted to the University with a 2.85 cumulative high school GPA. If you are unsure if you are unconditionally admitted, please check your admissions letter or call the Office of Admissions at 931-221-7661.
- Participants with 12 or more college credits must have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA. Some sororities may have a higher GPA requirement for membership.
- All participants must be enrolled in at least 12 credit hours for the current semester in order to be eligible for recruitment.
- Alcohol and illegal drugs are prohibited from use during Recruitment Week. The Panhellenic Council will dismiss from recruitment anyone found in violation and will refer all violations to the Office of Student Affairs.
- Austin Peay State University and the Panhellenic Council are not responsible for the loss, theft of, or damage to personal property of the students.
- Potential new members are encouraged to attend the maximum number of functions that she can each day of recruitment in order to maximize her chances of receiving an invitation for membership.
- Potential new members must notify the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs in writing if they choose to withdraw from recruitment.
- Potential new members have the right to not join a sorority if, in the end of the recruitment week period, that seems best to them.
- Participation in Panhellenic Council recruitment is not a guarantee that a potential new member will receive a bid to join a Panhellenic Council organization.
There is a $30.00 application fee, this includes dinner on Thursday and Friday, snacks on Saturday and a recruitment t-shirt. Payments must be made via the application you will complete. Sorority applications will not be complete until the application fee is received. Sorority application and fee must be received by Tuesday, September 10, 2012 at noon.
Check back in May 2013 to register for Panhellenic Council Fall 2013 recruitment
Click here to view the recruitment schedule in a new window.