Data Science Certificate
The Department of Mathematics & Statistics and the Department of Computer Science & Information Technology offer an online graduate certificate in Data Science. This certificate is offered exclusively online, and admits for all terms on the Clarksville and Ft. Campbell campuses.
This online program is intended for individuals with a bachelor’s degree who want to learn modern data science techniques without completing a master’s. The certificate can be earned by taking just one or two courses at a time for three or four sixteen-week semesters.
Students applying to the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Classics program should meet the following admission requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, conferred in any field, from a regionally accredited institution
- Minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.5
- Interview or transcripts should evidence satisfactory prior exposure or familiarity
- basic statistics and probability through confidence intervals and hypothesis tests for means, proportions, and variances. Applicants lacking this knowledge may complete STAT 5050, which covers these topics, prior to starting the program for no credit.
- elementary calculus concepts including limit, derivative, and integral.
- elementary matrix algebra.
Documents Required for Admission:
- Application for admission
- Application Fee: $45 domestic
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended
- Admission decision by department