- Marsha Lyle-Gonga, Faculty Representative, Chair
- Ying Ma, Faculty Representative
- Barry Kitterman, Faculty Representative
- Meagan Mann, Faculty Representative
- Lynn Simms, Faculty Representative
- Erin Lynch, Faculty Representative
- Carrie Taylor, Student Representative
- Frank Burns, Student Representative
- Miguel Ruiz-Aviles, Director of Hispanic Cultural Center (ex officio)
- Marcelius Braxton, Director of African American Cultural Center (ex officio)
- Marissa Chandler, Director of International Education
- Amy Corlew, Director of Admissions
- Sheila Bryant, Director, Equal Opportunity of Affirmative Action (ex officio)
- Rex Gandy, Provost/VP Academic Affairs (ex officio)
- Fonda Fields, Director, Human Resources
- Lynette Taylor, Associate Director of Disability Services
- Jasmin Linares, Coordinator for Military Student Center (ex officio)
- Coordinator for Hispanic Cultural Center (ex officio)
- David Davenport, Chief Diversity Officer (ex officio)
- Donna Price, Student Financial Aid (ex officio)
- Jimmie Garland, Community Representative (ex officio)
The committee is responsible for developing strategies to attract and retain a diverse student body and to recruit, retain, advance, recognize, and promote a diverse faculty and staff.
The committee recommends diversity related programs and initiatives, and reviews and assesses data.
The committee should also develop strategies to encourage interaction among the university's diverse groups to enrich the educational experience and to prepare leaders to live and work in a competitive global community.
Finally, the committee should seek to provide guidance to the university community regarding ways of incorporating diversity in substantive and significant ways into teaching, learning and research.