The Academic Council
The Academic Council receives and studies proposed changes in curriculum and
makes final recommendations to the President of the University.
The Council may initiate studies of academic and/or curricular concern and make resultant recommendations to the President of the University. It may deliberate and make recommendations relative to curricular and/or academic proposals submitted to it through usual academic offices or by faculty organizations.
In addition, the Council advises on matters which the President may submit to the Council for its consideration. The Liberal Arts Sub-Committee of the Academic Council shall serve the Provost or the Academic Council. When either the Provost or the Academic Council desires review of CORE courses or CORE issues, this standing committee will be available for this purpose.
The Academic Council meets on the fourth Wednesday of Sept., Oct., Nov., Jan., Feb., March, and April at 3 p.m. in University Center, Iris Room.
Deans/Directors appointed by the President:
- Karen Meisch - 2014 - 2017
- Jaime Taylor- 2015 - 2018
- Charles Moses - 2016 - 2019
Full-time, tenured faculty appointed by the President:
- Michael Phillips - 2014 - 2017
- Barry Jones - 2015 - 2018
- Nicole Knickmeyer - 2016 - 2019
Full Time, Tenured Faculty Elected through Faculty Senate selection process:
College of Arts and Letters
- Karen Sorenson - 2016 - 2019
- Norbert Puszkar - 2014 - 2017
College of Behavioral and Health Sciences
- Tim Leszczak - 2016 - 2019
College of Business
- John Volker - 2015 - 2018
College of Education
- Thomas Buttery - 2015 - 2018
College of Science and Mathematics
- Gilbert Pitts - 2014 - 2017
School of Technology and Public Management
- Chin-Zue Chen - 2014 - 2017
Faculty Senate Representative:
- Rod Mills - 2016 - 2017
Student Representatives Appointed by Student Government Association:
- Anthony Cross - 2016 - 2017 (UNG)
- Thomas Murphy - 2016 - 2017 (UNG)
- Will Roberts - 2016 - 2017 (G)
Ex Officio Members:
- Telaina Wrigley, Registrar
The President and Provost are permanent members. The Provost serves as chair.
Term expires at the end of the summer of the year noted by each name.