Register for Class
Class Registration is the next step in the process...
After you are admitted as an APSU dual or joint enrollment student,
we will provide guidance so you can register online in One-Stop.
- Work closely with your high school counselor to ensure your high school schedule will fit with your APSU campus classes. Some classes are 4 or 5 credit hours and require additional class time versus the traditional Mon/Wed/Fri or Tues/Thurs schedules. If your dual enrollment class is held at your high school, that will be part of your regular high school schedule.
- IMPORTANT: When you have been admitted, you must notify the Dual Enrollment office identifying the course(s) you intend to take (i.e., ENGL 1010, MATH 1530, etc.). We will verify that you have the necessary prerequisites and your selection will be reviewed/advised before you are cleared to register.
- Please use the Advising and Registration form to notify us of your course selection. NOTE: this form is not required of students in cohort groups (those taking APSU classes held at their high school.)
- If you are taking your dual enrollment course in your high school as part of a cohort group, we will closely with you, your counselor and teacher throughout the process.
As a dual enrollment student, you are automatically confirmed when you register for class.
Interested in a health-related career?
Anatomy and Physiology with Dr. Cooper Beazley will be offered in the 2017 spring semester. Click for details on this unique opportunity for Clarksville area students.
Resources and Key Points
- Dual Enrollment Course List: This list provides details on how APSU courses match up with high school graduation requirements in the Clarksville/Montgomery County School System. Prepared in cooperation with staff at CMCSS and APSU academic departments, this is also valuable for students outside the public school system in making decisions about which courses to take for dual or joint enrollment credit. Students are not restricted to courses on this list; please contact the Dual Enrollment office if you are interested in other courses.
- Most students prefer to take courses which fulfill general education core requirements. To help with your course selection, this partial list of APSU core class options is provided, compiled in consultation with the APSU dual enrollment committee which includes CMCSS representatives. Dual enrollment students are not restricted to the courses on this list, but must meet any course prerequisites. If you are interested in upper division courses, you will need to meet the course prerequisites and obtain department chair permission.
The APSU Department of Mathematics has developed a list of math courses for dual/joint students which includes prerequisites and other pertinent details. Our office consults with the math department when advising students. Click here For additional information about math courses for the general education core.
If you are considering a career in nursing, APSU has an oustanding nursing program. Click here for a list of courses required for the pre-nursing curriculum - many of these courses would be excellent options for your dual enrollment credits.
Search APSU's Bulletin for current course details, prerequisites, etc. You can also search by course name and number.
- In some cases, your AP (Advanced Placement) scores can be used towards course prerequisites. However, we must have those official scores directly from Advanced Placement/College Board. Please ensure that you have requested those scores sent to Austin Peay. Keep in mind that because those scores are not usually available until mid-July, it may delay your course registration for fall semester.
- Sometimes you will find a "hold" on your account preventing you from registering. To avoid this, please ensure that all health forms are submitted and that your balance from prior semesters is paid in full.
The Office of the Registrar provides "Instructions for Registering Online" at http://www.apsu.edu/registrar/registration1 - you may only register if you have been admitted and received notification that you are cleared to register.
APSU's Class Schedule
- Go to AP Self Service and select "Class Schedule" to review your options. Select the term or semester, then choose a subject area and other details. To see online classes in the class schedule section, choose a subject and select "WEB-Asynchronous" from the instructional method drop-down box.
Sections labeled with an "E" are not suitable for dual enrollment students. Sections labeled with an "H" are designed only for degree-seeking students accepted into APSU's Honors Program.
Many online classes are also available, but you should work with your counselor to determine if the demands of an online class are a good fit for you. These are labeled in the class schedule by a section number that begins with a "W".
- Day of the week abbreviations in the schedule are:
M = Monday, T = Tuesday, W = Wednesday, R = Thursday, F = Friday.
Some classes fill quickly. If you complete the admissions process without delay you are more likely to have a better selection of course options that work with your schedule.
For more information about Dual and Joint Enrollment at APSU, contact: