Register for Class
Class Registration is the next step in the process...
After you are admitted as an APSU dual or joint enrollment student,
we will provide guidance so you can register online in One-Stop.
Work closely with your high school counselor to ensure your high school schedule will fit with your APSU classes. Some classes are 4 or 5 credit hours and require additional class time versus the traditional Mon/Wed/Fri or Tues/Thurs schedules.
IMPORTANT: You must notify the Extended Education office identifying the course(s) you intend to take (i.e., ENGL 1010, MATH 1530, etc.); we will verify that you have the necessary prerequisites before you are cleared to register.
If you are taking your dual enrollment course in your high school as part of a cohort group, you will be provided with the course details needed for registration.
Key points to consider when selecting your classes:
- Dual Enrollment Course List: A list of courses is available to serve as a guideline in selecting dual enrollment courses and how they match up with high school graduation requirements in the Clarksville/Montgomery County School System. Prepared in cooperation with staff at CMCSS and APSU academic departments, this information will also be valuable for students outside the public school system in making decisions about which courses to take for dual or joint enrollment credit.
- Most classes are available to you, although we recommend you consider classes that fulfill APSU general education core requirements. When enrolling for dual credit, work with your school counselor to ensure that the classes will fulfill high school requirements or electives. You may enroll in 1000- or 2000-level courses but should meet any course prerequisites. To enroll in upper division courses, you will need to meet the course prerequisites and obtain department chair permission.
Search APSU's Bulletin for current course details, prerequisites, etc.
- Go to AP Self Service and select "Class Schedule" or "Course Catalog" to review your options. You will be asked to select a specific term, then choose a subject area and other details. To see online classes in the class schedule section, choose a subject and select "WEB-Asynchronous" from the instructional method drop-down box.
Sections labeled with an "E" are not suitable for dual enrollment students. Sections labeled with an "H" are designed only for students accepted into APSU's Honors Program.
Many online classes are also available, but you should work with your counselor to determine if the demands of an online class are a good fit for you. These are labeled in the class schedule by a section number that begins with a "W".
- Day of the week abbreviations in the schedule are: M = Monday, T = Tuesday, W = Wednesday, R = Thursday, F = Friday.
In some cases, your AP (Advanced Placement) scores can be used towards course prerequisites. However, we must have those official scores directly from Advanced Placement/College Board. Please ensure that you have requested those scores sent to Austin Peay. Keep in mind that because those scores are not usually available until mid-July, it may delay your course registration for fall semester.
- MATH STUDENTS: The APSU Department of Mathematics has developed a suggested list of math courses for dual/joint students which includes details on prerequisites. Click here For additional information about math courses for the general education core.
- Some classes fill quickly. If you complete the admissions process without delay you are more likely to have a better selection of course options that work with your schedule.
- Sometimes you will find a "hold" on your account preventing you from registering. To avoid this, please ensure that all health forms are submitted and that your balance from prior semesters is paid in full.
The Office of the Registrar provides "Instructions for Registering Online" at http://www.apsu.edu/registrar/registration1 - you may only register if you have been admitted and received notification that you are cleared to register.
For more information about Dual and Joint Enrollment at APSU, contact: