Dual and Joint Enrollment
In order to participate in the dual or joint enrollment program at Austin Peay State University, you should first meet the following APSU admissions requirements:
- Complete your sophomore year of high school.
- Maintain a cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Submit official ACT (or SAT) scores*:
English subscore: at least 19 (SAT verbal 460)
Math subscore: at least 19 (SAT math 460)
Reading subscore: at least 19 (if enrolling in English or history courses)
Official scores only please; student reports cannot be accepted.
- Be recommended by your high school principal or school counselor.
- Have your parent's permission to enter the program.
*NOTE: These are admission requirements only; some course have additional subscore requirements or prerequisites for specific courses.
Academically Talented (AT) is another category designed primarily for students in the 9th or 10th grade*. Both high school and college credit is awarded for courses taken. In order to participate in this program, you should first meet the following APSU admission requirements:
- Be enrolled in grade 9, 10, 11 or 12 in public or private high schools in Tennessee*.
- Submit the application for admission marked "Joint, Dual, Early".
- Submit the High School Student Authorization Signature page.
- Submit and maintain a cumulative high school GPA of 3.2 or higher (on a 4.0 scale) per an official transcript from your high school.
- Provide a recommendation of the high school principal and approval of placement as part of the student’s planned Individual Education Program (IEP) as established by the high school multi-disciplinary team process.
- Receive recommendation and approval of the APSU Director of Admissions.
*Once in the 10th and 11th grades, students generally apply for dual or joint enrollment admission.
At this time, 9th and 10th grade students are not eligible for state lottery grant funding, the GoSooner award or other funding designated for dual enrollment students.
For more information about Dual and Joint Enrollment and other high school programs at APSU, contact: