Grants & Scholarships for Dual or Joint Enrolled Students
The final step: pay your balance.
The Bursar's office will confirm your class for you, but you are responsible
for any remaining balance on your account.
Dual and joint enrolled students have three financial aid options:
- Tennessee Dual Enrollment Lottery Grant - Follow this link for details on the new distribution of lottery grant funding, effective with the fall 2015 semester.
- APSU GoSooner Award
- APSU Dual Enrollment Scholarship (need-based) Students who meet federal low-family-income guidelines should consider applying for this scholarship. You should reapply for each semester by the deadlines noted on the application. Incomplete applications are not accepted.
When completing the application for admission, you answered several questions regarding the grant and award programs. By submitting that application you are also agreeing to the terms and conditions for those programs. Policy and eligibility details regarding each of these options are available here.
Other Key Points:
- All questions concerning dual/joint enrollment grants and scholarships available should be directed to the Extended Education office (firstname.lastname@example.org or 931-221-7175).
- All students must meet and maintain eligibility requirements and reapply each semester as noted.
- Funding will not be available from any of the programs for subsequent semesters if the student's college GPA falls below 2.75.
- Do NOT complete a FAFSA form, and do not contact the APSU financial aid office.
- For the purposes of these grant programs, all fall or spring terms are considered as one. The maxiumum award is for six credit hours, regardless of the semester or terms in which the student takes classes (main campus and/or the 8-week Ft Campbell terms).
How much does it cost?
The Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR) sets tuition and fees for the upcoming academic year at the end of June. Figures shown in the following examples are good only for the 2014-2015 academic year. These are examples only; the individual student's case may vary.
|Example: 3-credit hour class||Example: 5-credit hour class|
|3 credit hours @ $309.20||$927.60||5 credit hours @ $309.20||$1,546.00|
|TN lottery grant||-300.00||TN lottery grant|| -500.00|
|APSU GoSooner award||-297.00||APSU GoSooner award|| -495.00|
|APSU student fees||-189.60||APSU student fees|| -316.00|
|TOTAL DUE||$141.00||TOTAL DUE||$ 235.00|
In summary, funding available to 2014-2015 APSU dual and joint enrolled students is as follows.
Click here for information about the new lottery grant distribution, beginning with the fall 2015 semester.
|Lottery grant:||$100 per credit hour||$600 maximum per semester|
|GoSooner Award:||$99 per credit hour||$594 maximum per semester|
|PSF fee waivers:||$63.20 per credit hour||$379.20 maximum per semester|
Application deadlines are as follows:
|Application Deadlines||All APSU Forms||TN Dual Lottery Grant (online only)|
|Fall Semester||May 1||September 15|
|Spring Semester||December 1||February 1|
|Summer Sessions||May 1||May 15|
For more information about Dual and Joint Enrollment at APSU, contact: