Grants & Scholarships for Dual or Joint Enrolled Students
The final step: pay your balance.
The Bursar's office will confirm your class for you, but you are responsible
for any remaining balance on your account.
Save multiple ways on your dual enrollment credit!
Reduced tuition rate:
- Dual enrollment tuition is $166 per credit hour (up to 12 credit hours per semester).
- This rate is approximately half of the typical APSU rate and guaranteed through the 2018-19 academic year.
Tennessee Dual Enrollment Lottery Grant
- High school juniors and seniors may receive up to $1,200 toward the cost of four courses each year.
- Students must meet eligibility requirements.
- Click here for details and an application tutorial.
First three courses are FREE with Austin Peay:
- Receive additional funding to cover the gap after the lottery grant.
- You must take your first three courses with Austin Peay.
- You must maintain lottery grant eligibility (2.75 college GPA).
- You must apply each semester for the grant.
- Additional courses are charged at $166 per credit hour (up to 12 hours per semester).
Save on fees:
- No application fee.
- Fees for activities and student access to campus events, parking, etc. are covered.
- Fees for APSU online course are covered.
- Students are responsible for science consumable fees.
Tuition discounts for dependents of:
- Certified public school teachers in Tennessee,
- State of Tennessee employees, and
- TBR or UT system employees.
APSU Dual Enrollment Scholarship (need-based):
- Students who meet federal low family income guidelines should apply.
- Awards are also based on funding availability.
Other Key Points:
- Begin by creating an account with the Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation (TSAC) and then submit your application.
- All questions concerning dual/joint enrollment grants and scholarships available should be directed to the Dual Enrollment office (email@example.com or 931-221-7175).
- All students must meet and maintain eligibility requirements each semester. Funding is not available in subsequent dual enrollment semesters if the student's college GPA falls lbelow 2.75.
- The FAFSA is not required for dual enrollment.
- When completing admission documents, you answered several questions regarding the grant and award programs. By submitting those documents you are also agreeing to the terms and conditions for those programs. Policy and eligibility details regarding each of these options are available here.
These examples assume courses are three credit hours at the dual enrollment tuition rate.
|Tuition||TN Dual Lottery Grant ||Balance Due|
|Courses 1-2||$498 each||$498 each||$0|
APSU First Three Free
|Courses 5-8||$498 each||$300 each or $100/credit hour,|
up to $600 per semester.
Lottery grant application deadlines are as follows. TSAC makes no exceptions to these deadlines.
|Application Deadlines||TN Dual Lottery Grant |
|Fall Semester||September 15|
|Spring Semester||February 1|
|Summer Sessions||May 15|
For more information about Dual and Joint Enrollment at APSU, contact: