Grad PLUS Loans
Graduate and professional degree students can borrow using the Direct GRAD PLUS Loan to help cover education expenses. If you are thinking that a Direct GRAD PLUS Loan is for you, here are some things to keep in mind:
- This type of loan is not based on your financial need.
- Your eligibility is determined by your credit history.
- The first payment of a GRAD PLUS Loan is due 60 days after the final disbursement; however, you may defer repayment while you are in school at least half-time.
- The maximum GRAD PLUS Loan amount you can borrow is determined by your cost of attendance minus any other financial assistance you will receive.
2013-2014 Graduate Plus Interest Rate
|Disbursement Dates||Graduate Plus|
|First disbursed between July1,2013 and June 30,2014||Fixed Rate 6.41%|
For additional Graduate Plus loan interest rate information click on the link below
If you wish to apply for a Direct GRAD PLUS Loan, you may do so by completing the following steps:
- Complete the FAFSA.
- Complete the GRAD PLUS Loan Application.
- Complete the Master Promissory Note (MPN) electronically at http://studentloans.gov.