Budgets and Financial Planning
Supporting an Efficient Allocation of Resources
The Office of Budget and Financial Planning contributes to fulfilling the university’s vision of a collaborative, integrative learning community by providing support to faculty, staff, and administration through personal service, timely response, and dependable performance. Employee behavior is guided by the core values of resourcefulness, service, integrity and teamwork.
The Budget Office responsibilites include:
- Coordinating the annual preparation of the appropriations request submitted to the Tennessee Higher Education Commission (THEC).
- Coordinating the annual preparation of the Original (July) Budget, Revised (October) Budget and Estimated Budget for the Tennessee Board of Regents.
- Creating new positions and maintaining the accounting distribution for positions in the Human Resource System.
- Coordinating the annual preparation of proposed fee changes for approval by the Tennessee Board of Regents.
- Managing budget revision requests from university departments.
- Providing data and analyses to support decision making and resource allocation.
- Assisting departments with budget questions.
Take a look at new things happening, updates on policy, and the work of Budgets and Financial Planning.
The budget process at APSU
Contact Form for getting your message to the just right person.