Refund Policy for ESL Classes
F-1 Visa International Students
When an F-1 student applies to ESL Institute she/he submits $240 with the application:
$40 non-refundable program fee + $200 advance tuition payment
- If the student is not accepted, the $200 advance tuition payment will be refunded in full. However, if the student is accepted and then formally cancels in writing within thirty (30) days prior to the start date of the term, $100 of the advance tuition payment will be refunded to the student.
- Any costs to express mail the I-20 will be charged to the student and reduce the amount of the refund.
- If the student is accepted and fails to arrive and register for classes, the $200 advance tuition payment will not be refunded.
- No refunds will be made for any reasons for withdrawals or cancellations on or after the first day of classes.
Contact the APSU Office of Housing and Residence Life at (931) 221-7444 or their web site at http://www.apsu.edu/housing/ for housing deposit refund information.
Non F-1 students
- Students will be refunded in full if a course is canceled by the ESL Institute.
- Other requests for a refund of course fees may be made by phone, fax, mail or in person. Request for refunds of course fees received one week (five business days (Monday-Friday)) or more before the start date of the class will receive a full refund.
- No refunds of fees or transfer of fees will be made for the any reason once a class has started.
- Non F-1 students who request refunds prior to the start of the class but less than five buisness days (Monday-Friday) prior to the the start date will have the option of transferring to another class. Escrowed funds will be held for no more than one year and may be applied to the fees for any other course offered by the ESL Institute. Funds that are unused in one year will be forfeited.
Return to ESL Home Page