General English Programs
- Classes are small and taught by instructors with extensive experience in teaching English to non-English speakers.
- Classes are not taken for credit, although grades and transcripts are provided.
- Classes are designed for students who are not in the U.S. on an F-1 visa, including:
Citizens whose first language is not English
J-1 (au pairs)
Other visa types which allow part-time study (some tourist visas, dependents, etc.)
WHEN and WHERE?
- 6-week terms in the McReynolds building on the APSU main campus in Clarksville.
- Summer courses may be offered as needed.
- Current and upcoming term schedules are found on the Calendar & Schedules page.
HOW DO I APPLY?
- Students should submit the online application form or contact the ESL office for a paper application.
- F-1 visa students must study full time, and these courses alone do not fulfill that requirement.
- Visit the Tuition & Fees page for details.
- Payment is due before classes begin and should be made at the McReynolds Building on the APSU main campus. Credit card payments will be taken via telephone by calling (931) 221-7816.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
Ask "what's best for me? " or contact the ESL office.
Return to ESL Home Page Return to CEDE Home Page