Conversation partners are fluent English-speaking APSU students and staff who volunteer to partner with ESL students promoting practice of the English language in natural conversation and participation in various campus activities and events.
Conversation Partner Requirements:
- Be open-minded and willing to teach and learn new things;
- Be in good academic standing (2.5 GPA) with no history of formal or informal student code-of-conduct violations;
- Be able to have weekly contact or communication with your conversation partner;
- Be able to meet together at least once every two weeks - once per week is preferred;
- Be available at least some afternoons during the week - not just weekends and evenings.
- Be willing to commit for the full semester.
Applications for Fall 2014 are due Friday, August 29 by 4:00pm.
Other Important Dates:
- September 3: 3:30-5:00pm Matching Meeting - A chance to meet and select your top conversation partner choices.
- September 4: 3:00-4:00pm Meet and Greet - Find out who is your conversation partner
- September 12: 6:30pm Conversation Partner Activity - Make Your Own Pizza Party
If you are interested in becoming a conversation partner please complete the online application form
If you need additional information contact the ESL Coordinator.
Return to ESL Home Page