Campus Housing for ESL Students
Are you an ESL international student interested in living on campus?
Limited housing in campus residence halls is available for full-time ESL students.
A separate on-line housing application and a room reservation deposit of U.S. $100 (payable online) are required after acceptance into the ESL Institute. This deposit is applied to the cost of rent.
- Interested students should contact the ESL Institute at the time of application to the ESL Institute for more details and assistance on applying for campus housing.
- All housing is assigned on a first-come/first-serve basis, so apply for housing early! Campus housing generally is full about two months before Fall Term 1 classes start, so please apply BEFORE arriving on campus.
- Students applying for housing for ESL Fall Term 1 or 2 will be contracted for one full academic year of housing (both main campus fall and spring semesters), or until they are no longer enrolled at APSU. Students applying for housing for ESL Spring Term 1 will be contracted for main campus full spring semester of housing, or until they are no longer enrolled at APSU.
- All students living in University housing should provide their own bed linens, towels and other personal accessories, and are responsible for care and cleaning of the room.
Before you start the Housing application process, please carefully read the following information.
Austin Peay State University offers many different options for living on campus. All halls and apartments are designated as smoke-free. To see descriptions, residency requirements and floor plans for all options, go to www.apsu.edu/Housing/rates.aspx.
Most options are for double occupancy (two people per room), with single occupancy possible only if space is available, and for a higher cost. Costs quoted are per semester (unless otherwise indicated) and are subject to change.
- Freshmen Residence Halls are designated for 1st year students.
- Sophomore and Above residences are for 2nd year or sophomore and above students only.
- Honors Halls require all residents to have an ACT score of 21+ as new freshman, or a cumulative GPA of 3.0, for current returning residents. You must maintain at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA while living in the hall.
- Co-educational: Both male and female students may live in the same building, but will not live in the same room nor will they have shared bathrooms facilities.
ALL students who live on campus MUST also purchase a meal plan. For meal plan options go to: www.dineoncampus.com/apsu/show.cfm?cmd=residents. Commuting students living off campus also have the option of purchasing a meal plan.
For more information or questions go to /www.apsu.edu/housing or contact the Office of Housing/ Residence Life & Dining Services at 931-221-7444 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
APSU Residence Halls and University Apartments
Details about individual residence halls and apartments can be found at www.apsu.edu/housing/apartments-and-residence-halls
Summer term and off-campus housing
- Housing and meal options on campus for summer term is very limited. Please contact the ESL Institute for more information.
- The ESL Institute does not assist in arranging off-campus housing. Please contact the ESL Institute for more information.
Return to ESL Home Page