College of Education iPads
The Austin Peay State University College of Education was fortunate to obtain an equipment grant through the Provost's office allowing us to purchase a class set of 30 iPads, a state-of-the-art storage/synchronization cart, and funds to purchase a wide variety of applications for the iPads. We are happy to be able to give our teacher candidates the opportunity to experience teaching and learning with these mobile devices.
Resources for ISTE 2012
iPads in Education WebQuest
Educational Apps Linked to the NETS-S Standards
20 Apps for Grades PreK-1
20 Apps for Grades 2-5
20 Apps for Grades K-6 Specials
20 Apps for Middle School Students
20 Apps for High School Students
20 Apps for Adult Learners
Miscellaneous Apps for Learners of All Ages
iPads in Schools Livebinders
Suggestions for Implementation of a Class Set of iPads
Suggestions for Using Apple's Volume Purchasing Plan
Using Apple's Volume Purchasing Plan (VPP) to Purchase Apps
iBallz - Protective Harnesses for iPads
Bretford PowerSync Cart for iPads
- The iPads are available for check-out by Teacher Ed. faculty for use with their classes between 7:30 am and 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. The iPad cart must be checked in before 4:30 on the same day it is checked out. Contact the iPad committee about special situations.
- The entire set of iPads must be checked out together. iPads cannot be checked out individually.
- Email Departmental Secretary Jasmine Jones to schedule your iPad check-out.
- An iBallz protective harness must be used with each iPad.
- Upon returning the iPad cart, each of the 30 iPads must be in its corresponding numbered housing (iPad #1 in 1, iPad #2 in 2, etc.) with each iPad plugged in to its respective charging cord.
- Please check the back of the cart to ensure the light for each iPad is on and the device is charging.
Is there an App you would like to see installed on some or all of the iPads? If so, click on the link above, complete the form, and your request will be reviewed by the iPad committee. We are unable to put free apps on these devices, as all app purchase must go through Apple's Volume Purchasing Plan.
Click here for a list of suggested, standards-based apps
Anne Wall, Chair