Science teachers are encouraged to apply
Hurry to apply!
July 12-24th 2010, a two-week program of study at Austin Peay State University is offered for science teachers wishing to be prepared to teach physics, physical world concepts (PWC), or physical science. Mathematics teachers may also apply. The objective is to review physics concepts and problem-solving in preparation for the physics PRAXIS. This program is team-taught by physics and mathematics faculty with high school teaching backgrounds, and is algebra-based. We are pleased to offer this with a second year of funding from the Tennessee Higher Education Commission, which recognizes the importance of STEM education.
|Lodging on campus is provided as teachers
from across the state are invited to participate, and upon
completion, participants will receive a stipend of $750.Move
in is on July 11.
The participants who qualify will also receive a scholarship for graduate credit (3 cr.) from Austin Peay.
Registration for the Physics PRAXIS will be paid and teachers will take the PRAXIS in Physics during the program and pursue the physics endorsement to the science teacher license. Limit: 24 participants.
In a Nutshell.....
•For the second year, a two-week program of
study will be offered in July, 2010, through a grant from
Tennessee Higher Education Commission (THEC) for science
teachers to attend fourteen days of workshops on physics
activities, content and study.
• The program will take place at Austin Peay July 12-24 from 8:30 am to 4:30 p.m. April 17 is the orientation workshop.
• Upon completion, participants will receive a stipend of $750.
• The participants who qualify will also receive a scholarship for graduate credit for the course from Austin Peay.
• Teachers will take the Physics PRAXIS during the program and pursue the physics endorsement to the science teacher license.
• Campus housing is provided for those requiring it. Move in is on July 11.
• Limit: 24 participants.
|For more information
Sheila Pirkle, Ed.D.
Austin Peay State University