Academic Year 2016-2017 Access and Diversity Funding Application
**Currently accepting proposals for grants dated to June 30th 2017, submissions due by March 31st 2017**
ACADEMIC YEAR 2017-2018 SUBMISSION DATE: May 5, 2017
(Proposals for projects dated between JULY 1 2017-JUNE 30 2018)
1. Please refer to the APSU Mission Statement for Access and Diversity. This may be
found at http://www.apsu.edu/sites/apsu.edu/files/university-wide-diversity-task-force/2010-
2015_Diversity_Plan.pdf . This is the guideline for the use of access and diversity funds. Please tell us how your proposal supports our diversity plan.
2. To be eligible to apply for Access and Diversity Funds you must be a full time employee.
3. Access and Diversity Funds for Faculty and Staff are dependent on funding on an annual basis. There is no guarantee that funds will be available. If available, new funding is received on July 1 of each year.
4. One request per person per fiscal year is considered until all applicants have been considered.
5. Submit all your travel claims and other paperwork within ten (10) working days after your project/travel is complete. Be sure to have all applicable signatures (department head, dean, etc.) before you submit your claims. Be advised that Travel Claims will be paid in accordance with APSU policies (e.g. per diem for meals, incidentals, etc.)
6. Submit along with the claim forms/receipts a one paragraph to one page summary of how you used the money and what results were achieved.
7. Proposals should include documentation of the 20% matching funds from department.
8. Please attach an itemized budget to the form using the budget template.
9. Refer to the rubric regarding committee evaluation of proposals..