The Move Towards Independence
Things you need to do:
Appropriate documentation for a learning disability should:
- be conducted by a qualified professional.
- validate the need for services based on the individuals current
level of functioning in the educational setting.
- include a comprehensive assessment battery and the resulting
diagnostic report including a diagnostic interview, assessment of
aptitude, academic achievement, information processing, and a specific
- have standard test scores and/or percentiles and should be provided
- document both the nature and severity of the learning disability.
- include specific recommendations for accommodations
- describe the impact the diagnosed learning disability has on
specific major life activity as well as the degree of significance of
this impact on the individual.
- support specific recommendations with specific test results or
Stop by our office to obtain specific testing
information prior to having testing done.