Duties and Expectations of Advising Liaisons
- Document the dates of all contacts with advisees.
- Meet and welcome your advisees at orientation or during the first week of classes.
- Schedule an office appointment with each advisee during the first month of the semester.
- Make contact with each advisee for whom you receive any early alerts. Meet with those advisees and make necessary referrals.
- Contact Advisees after you check their midterm grades. Set up appointments with any advisees who are having difficulty or send a congratulatory message to those who are doing well.
- Conduct pre-registration advising appointments with advisees.
- Review advisees' final semester grades. Send an email highlighting successes and offering suggestions for areas needing improvement.
Other Duties and Expectations
- Familiarize yourself with services offered to students on campus, such as counseling, tutoring, etc.
- Hold regular advising office hours, and make sure advisees know about them.